Since Beyond the Void is currently in Beta stage, it can be tricky to install it. This page will help you with the most commons problems.
We will make the installation process easier for the release.
First, download the game launcher from the website
The launcher will download the game for you and keep it up-to-date. We will release a major update of the launcher later on, you will need to reinstall the game then.
You have two way to install the game: With the setup (exe) and with the zip file.
Tip: If you have trouble along the way, try to execute the launcher “as administrator” . Do a right click on the launcher icon and select “Run as administrator”.
The launcher need to be able to write and modify files in the folder where it is deployed.
Install the game with the Setup
Launch BTVSetup.exe and follow the instruction. Make sure to install the game in a folder you have full access to. Usually the default path is fine.
Install the game with the zip
Simply unzip the archive in a folder where you have full access. The game’s files will be installed in this folder.
On OsX (mac), open the archive and drop BtvLauncher your the application folder.
We don’t support Linux yet. The reason is it’s a lot of extra work for us, and we want to make sure the game is working fine on windows and mac first. Later on we will see how to offer a linux version. Maybe we will release an unsupported (without launcher) Linux version along the way.
In the meantime, you can try windows “emulator” like WineHQ
The launcher is displaying “Application is currently not available”
- Make sure the server is online here: https://www.beyond-the-void.net/wiki/ (on the left)
- Make sure you have a working internet connection
- Make sure the launcher is not blocked by your firewall / antivirus
- Try to execute the launcher “as administrator” (windows)
- Make sure the launcher is in the “application” folder (mac)
- Try to install the game in another location (windows) where you have full write to read/write